Friday, January 29, 2016

A Country Adventure for a City Girl


The Porch is Always Open at 

Rain or shine, hot or cold.

I suppose the weather is a little chilly right now in Upstate, NY. The snow flurries make it look like a scene from a snow globe. 

If you are willing to put on you long underwear... I am willing to share the porch view and a hot cup of cocoa!


Pull up a rocking chair on the porch, or the cozy chair by the wood fire! As my guest I am excited to pamper you with country hospitality. Good food, conversation, and cozy relaxation. 

The smell of down home country cooking is always in the kitchen! Make sure you check  What's Cookin'? 

Whatever yumminess that baking in the oven will first be picked from our fruit and vegetable gardens! Check out our page called Garden Green to see what's new at the The Allen Homestead Greenhouse!

Growing our own food and cooking our own meals has helped me lose 40 lbs, so I encourage you to check out my Healthy Living page.

Looking for some creative ideas? There is always a project to be done here on The Allen Family Homestead! It may be fixing fences, sewing curtains, building in the woodshop, or making our own play-dough... check out our Gettin' Crafty! page to see what we are working on!

After growing up in the City, the daily experiences while living here on The Allen Family Homestead has given me a different perspective.

Visit my Simple Thoughts page for positive inspiration.

I hope you enjoy your venture to the country! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back for a porch visit again soon!

Jenn ~ City Gone Country Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment